19.9.07

Now This Gives New Meaning to Super Tuesday!

This post is hereby dedicated to that beautiful day of the week, Tuesday! I have a particular fondness for it because, for one reason or another, that is the day that I usually get to see MG.


Before last week, golf league made that all possible. It provided quite the perfect opportunity for us to get together. Last year, when we were busy dancing around the issue and ourselves, I hated Tuesdays because it actually meant I got to see him very little, if at all. And I hated that! But this year was much different. I looked forward to Tuesday as if it were Christmas.

After the season ended a couple of weeks ago, I began dreading Tuesdays because there wouldn't be any more opportunities for dates or phone calls. But so far, I have been wrong.


Last Tuesday I was at a school meeting when I got a very sweet phone call. MG was otherwise occupied, but made time to call me in between events. That ROCKED because have I mentioned lately that I love him? I was very glad to have had that phone call, but at the same time, I was a little gloomy over not getting to see him. It was the first Tuesday in a while that we had not seen each other.


I began worrying about this Tuesday on say, Saturday. I was already psyching myself up for a disappointing, uneventful week. Especially since MG was out of town and would be flying back on Tuesday morning.


Because of his being out of town, I didn't get to talk to or see him all weekend. The last contact we had was on Friday evening. I thought about him a lot over the weekend (what's new?!?) but did not expect to hear from him.


Which is why the text message I got at 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning TOTALLY ROCKED! Yes, it arrived while I was dead asleep. And yes, I was more than a little groggy when I pinged back my reply. But OMG I was super glad to hear from him and was instantly filled with warm fuzzies.

That said, we really didn't talk about a whole lot. It was more of a touching base, how are you kind of thing. So anyway, I was feeling rather chipper when I arrived to work yesterday morning. Three minutes later, as I was taking my first bite of a Starbucks' Seven-Layer Bar (ever had one? Geezus - they are good!) I got a TM that said he was almost home from the airport and wanted to get together.

I'm pretty sure right after that happened, I heard the sweet sounds of angels singing, followed by beautiful birds chirpring and babies laughing. Somebody walked up to me and punched me right in the face, but I just turned around and laughed. Then gave them a big kiss. Okay, that stuff didn't really happen, but I'm just tryin' to say that I was very, very happy.

And I also must say how impressed I am with him for being so spontaneous and creative and gutsy. This is very much unlike him. He says his brain doesn't work that way. Which sounds like a flimsy excuse and an easy way of becoming the one NOT to make the plans and, well, think. But, trust me, he's right. His brain really doesn't work that way - usually (luckily - mine does!). The other day, however, his brain was functioning very well which apparently means he does his best thinking at 37,000 feet!


But, anyway, I digress... I ditched the Seven-Layer Bar, packed up my stuff, lied a lot to our Receptionist about where I was really going and why I would be gone for a few hours, and headed home.

That's right! We actually got to have that much-anticipated date at my house. Remember DDay? And how I had that all planned out, complete with a cleaning itinerary and division of duties? You know - how every object in my house (animate and inanimate) was to be freshly scrubbed and pleasantly scented? And how every single item was to have its own home complete with plastic organizational thingees and labels?

Yeah. Well, that didn't exactly happen. But it's all good. I did make it home in time to get the kids' beds made and things crammed, jammed, and stuffed into out-of-sight hiding places (my kitchen cabinets are totally screwed right now, but that's okay!)


Then he came over. And it was awesome.


As soon as he walked in the door, I wanted to faint and/or die. Whenever we get a quiet moment together when I can look right into his eyes, I am awestruck. Really. I can't think straight, I get flushed, I probably sit there with my mouth hanging open, my heart rate speeds up to 150 bpm, I say silly things, and I giggle.

All of those things ensued. And then he wrapped his entire body around me and gave me the longest, warmest, sweetest hug ever. I'm pretty sure I actually melted right there in his arms. And we stayed like that for quite a long time. I don't think my kitchen has ever seen that much kissing in its lifetime. (relax, the wallpaper is still stuck to the walls.)

Every once in a while, I got to stand against him with my hands planted firmly in his back pockets, resting my head on his chest, taking it all in. Every. Single. Second.


I won't gross you out by elaborating on any more of our activities than I already have. I'm sure you see where this is headed. But I have to say that in the name of all things Holy, it was amazing! Ahem.


Just so you don't get the wrong idea, we also got to spend some QT talking and enjoying each other's company. We talked about all kinds of stuff. How his trip went. Who he met. How work was. The color of my bedroom walls. The kids. And wrapped in his arms, I wanted to stay that way for pretty much ever. I listened to his heart beating and soaked up every single moment. It's in those moments that it is clear to me THAT is the place I want to be.

If only it were that simple...

No comments: