17.10.07

I Hate My Mother, The Ex is Being Nice, and Other Notes...

OMG I hate my mother right now. We haven't had a confrontation for quite a while, so I should have seen this coming. I called her over the weekend, which was the first time I talked to her since August 17. She never calls. We talk if, and only if, I call her. So we hadn't talked in weeks. I called her up to see how they were and we talked for about an hour. More or less, I did all the talking.

And I also called to ask them if they could babysit for me the first two days of my Texas trip. She was obviously taken aback by that request. She didn't flat-out say no, but she hem-hawed around and said she would talk to my dad and call me back.

Now, I should have seen this coming. Anytime a grandmother doesn't jump at the chance to see her only grandchildren - the ones she's only seen for one day between Easter and now - you know you are in for a problem.

She called me back this morning just as I was getting the kids ready for school.

She is not coming. They do not want to watch the kids. The reason? Don't know. The only thing she said was that she hates to be away from home for very long. Two. F'ing. Days. So they're not coming. And I'm screwed.

The next thing I did was call The Ex, because he was scheduled to come get them for the last two days of my trip. I wanted to let him know that it wasn't going to work out. And he surprised the pants off me by saying, "Well. I knew she was going to do that to you. Let me see what I can work out and I'll call you back this morning."

Wow.

That's all I have to say.

He called me a little while ago. He thinks he can stretch his time away from work by a day to come get them on Wednesday. He needs to clear some stuff up with his boss, and possibly arrange to use the office space in our city while he's here. It's not a definite, but it's a step in the right direction. And it's my only other option at this point.

I was very nice to him, even when he made the occasional smart-ass comment. And he asked that I give him lots of credit for this one. Specifically, I need to acknowledge his greatness and be nice to him for two months. No shit. That's what he said.

So here's a BIG, HUGE SHOUT-OUT TO THE EX. HE ROCKS.

(Note: A full retraction will appear if this falls through.)

On another note, MG is crabby this morning, so I'm having a bang-up sorta day. I'm going to work on him a little and see if I can pull him out of it...

And nobody even mention to me that it's Hump Day. K?

No comments: