15.10.07

Sweet Dreams

Remember how I mentioned that MG and I had sort of reverted back our old ways? The days of flirting and exchanging quick glances. The phone calls for no reason. Showing up places you know the other is going to be. Creating time to spend together. Last week I could feel it building and building. Growing bigger than both of us. We spent a lot of time together and took everything back to the basics. And all of this without having any dates or, well, you know.

Mind you, I'm not AT ALL complaining. It was nice to kind of go back to the way this all started. It was sorta adolescent and quite romantic at the same time. Alas, it was also fairly frustrating - the not getting to spend any alone time together. But, it was okay in the end.

When he left on Wednesday, we were definitely in a good place. I felt very loved and cared for. As well as a little sad - because he was going out of town until Sunday night (can you say, "Golf Mistress Widow?").

He sent me an e-mail Thursday evening which I didn't get until Friday. It was a nice surprise and made a GREAT start to my day. Then he called. Which was even GREATER. Of course, he was out of town with three of his buddies on a guy's golf weekend, so he couldn't talk to me for a very long time. And it was more or less a kosher conversation. Flirty yet still innocent.

And then I got another surprise phone call at 1 a.m. He was out with the guys, but was just touching base. He told me what they were up to and how golf went that afternoon. Again, very flirty and innocent. (Not quite innocent enough, however, because this time, the guys totally asked him who he was talking to as soon as he hung up.) We talked for a little while, and he said he would call me later.


And at 2:30 a.m., he did. We had the BEST EVER hour-and-a-half long conversation. It was wonderful. We talked and talked - which is not new for us. We can, and often do, talk for hours. But this conversation was a little more intimate. In ways he doesn't usually talk to me. Which was GREAT! I loved it and have waited a very long time to have these conversations with him. The kind where you can just pour your hearts out and openly say what you think and feel. Which is exactly what we did. We actually would have talked longer except that his cell phone battery died. Nonetheless, I went to sleep and had some very sweet dreams.


Saturday I went to the OSU football game. Too fun. Got up at 4:30 a.m. (so, not long after I hung up with MG!) to get ready because we had to be on the road by 6:45 a.m. We had the best time - great football weather, some beer, tailgaiting, food, etc. I got back into town at about 7:30 p.m. And just as I was finishing my last drop off, MG called.


So you know my day couldn't get any better than that! We talked for a while and caught up on our day a little bit. We talked college football, and I impressed him by routing against LSU and being happy that Penn St. beat Wisconsin. He asked if he could call me later, and I, of course, said to call me anytime he wanted to. Duh.

So he called at 1:15 a.m. And we talked for a little over two hours. That conversation was SUPER FABULOUS! Filled with lots of emotion and planning and lovey things. We talked about how much we missed each other and how we wished we were together at that very moment.


And we talked about Texas. We nearly drove ourselves nuts over how much fun that is going to be. I can't even write about it right now - because the anticipation is killing me. And seeing as how I'm fairly superstitious, I don't want to jinx it.

All I can say is that I want to do all kinds of normal things together. And spend loads and loads of QT with him. Doing whatever we want, whenever we want. Plus, I want to do the other stuff that I'm sure you know is on the agenda. I can't wait to order breakfast in bed and read the paper while drinking lattes. I want to go to bed every night wrapped in his arms. And wake up next to him in the morning - only to know that he will be the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning.


But going back to our Saturday night phone call, I just must say that I don't think I've ever had a better telephone conversation. Or felt more cared about. Or so excited. Anyway, we ended the call shortly before 4 a.m. because we were getting tired and he had to be on the golf course at 7:30 a.m. He said to call him if I couldn't sleep. I told him to have sweet dreams. He laughed and then he said, "Hey... I miss you."

And my heart melted.

Yes, I see some very sweet dreams in my future...

No comments: