22.10.07

To Plan or Not to Plan...That is the Question

Yes, now I am (sorta) quoting Shakespeare. I've decided I just can't hold back any longer. My love for the written English word must come out! Lucky you.

My weekend was good. I actually spent some time with BA. Yes, I know what you all are thinking. I'm not szchizo and do not require pharmaceuticals. BA is caring and sweet and thoughtful and fun. He is NOT MG. But he's fun to hang out with.

And speaking of MG, he and I had a very nice week last week. Besides our Wednesday lunch date we got to spend some very excellent QT hanging out and doing everyday stupid stuff. A luxury in our situation. Last Thursday I suggested while sitting in his office talking about a whole bunch of nothing, that we needed to do lunch the following Thursday. He rather liked that idea.

I didn't see him much last Friday because he played golf in the afternoon (SHOCKER!). Remember the days when I used to look forward to him playing golf? For those were the days we got some together time? Nowadays the rounds of golf, and so the opportunities for together time, are few and far between. Especially when he leaves town to play golf. Yes, those days are filled with lots of late-night, romantic, and occasionally sexy phone calls. But those phone calls lead to wanting LOTS MORE of that together time of which I speak.

Friday, he played golf until almost 5:00, and then I got a very nice phone call on his way home. I had my two littlest kids in the car, as well as Kelly's girls because she was out of town at a conference. But, I managed to keep everything fairly innocent and on the down-low. MG suggested that I need to structure a get-out-of-town weekend and possibly try racking up some bonus points with my BFF for kid-watching favors. Well, there's an idea...Kel are you listening?

I reminded him that, DUH!, I have built-in kid-free weekends when The Ex comes to town. And, double-DUH!, he was taking them Saturday night. He remembered, of course, because we talk about everything at length. Anyway, I assured him that I know Saturdays are virtually impossible for him. But that I really wished we had plans together. He agreed. And I suppose for that moment, it was good enough to hear him agree and say he wished we could do something. I just said to him that we should look forward to Thursday and our lunch date. So that is what we are doing. Looking very much forward to Thursday.

And bringing you to the point of my story...Should I plan for this lunch date? Or not?

Should I spend all of Wednesday evening scrubbing and polishing and organizing and laundering? Should I make sure I have a well-stocked fridge for lunch and a few special extras I know he likes? Should I get ready on Thursday morning and strategically select my lingerie?

OR -

Should I treat it as if it were any other day? You know, with unlaundered clothes and dishes in the sink. Possibly an un-made bed or two or three. A kitchen floor that was NOT just freshly-scrubbed. A couple of things out of place here and there.

Y'all KNOW I have real reason to ask this question! We have had too many dates fall through at the last minute. And by "too many," I really mean two. But anyway...each time we had a successful lunch date at my house, I was caught completely off-guard. Which means I did not plan very well in the cleaning department. Yes, one time I went home and power-cleaned before he came over. But last week he went with me in my car, so we arrived to the House of Mess at exactly the same time.

Actually, it wasn't really that bad. It's not like we had to walk through cobwebs and dodge dust bunnies. And all of my dishes were done. The bathrooms were clean. But for someone that is (dare I say) obsessive about cleanliness and organization, I'm sure it wasn't up to par. And because I super really care about what he thinks, I was mildly stressed.

So here's where I am with this... I actually have a little list compiled of all the things I would like to accomplish before he comes over. Yes, my name is Allie, and I am an Obsessive Compulsive List-Maker. My notes also include all of the things I will need to get in order to get that stuff done. In case you are worried, I was going to go out at lunch today to purchase some of these items, but MG went out instead to pick us up some lunch- so I have successfully delayed my mission by one day. Karma? Possibly.

I'm anxious to hear what you guys think about this. Realizing that most of you undoubtedly think I'm nuts, I am looking forward to hearing your comments about how crazy I am being.

I guess I just need confirmation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.