8.8.07

Cleaning House

Ohhhhhh-Kay, Guys. Here's the deal. MG and I are planning a Friday night date. At. My. House. And OMG am I excited!!!

Let's see how well you guys know me... Guess what I did at lunch today in preparation for my upcoming date?

C'mon.

Guess.

Did you say..........shopping??? If so, then, you are CORRECT! And here is what I bought:

1) New bath towels in green to match my new bedding. You see, MG will be showering at my house. And the kid-tested, grime-encrusted, worn-out towels just won't cut it. Gotta have the good towels.

2) Manly-man soap. See #1.

3) Candles. 'Nuff said.

4) Sexy lingerie. WAY more than 'nuff said.

5) Fun stuff to use with #3-4.

6) Cool plastic organizational-like thingees - so that I can appear to be organized around the house. When successfully employed, these objects will make it seem like I'm like that ALL the time.

Oh yeah, and I'm cooking dinner, too. About the cooking, I'm totally like, "No Prob! I've got that part nailed!" It's the cleaning thing that has me concerned.

So I've decided I have to stifle all my feel-goodiness for a couple of days - in order that I can get my house cleaned. And with three children running around, that is going to be a challenge. So for the next two days, I am on a mission.

All missions need lists. My list is broken down into days, areas of the house, tasks, and order of duties. It is a thing of wonder and beauty. I carefully constructed it then sat back to admire it a few times. I must say I'm impressed by its detail. Now, the art of completion stands before me.

So guess what I'll be doing tonight? Cleaning the house, the fridge, the garage, my car. Whooooo-Hoooooo!!!

You remember up there when I mentioned the plastic organizational thingees? They are important. Because MG WILL look in my stuff. He's very much like that. He always wants to know the little details about me. And, trust me, he will look. He examines my toenail polish, purse, jewelry, books, pens, handwriting, bottled water, my cell phone wallpaper, and the peach fuzz on the back of my neck (TMI). He knows how I like my coffee, which candy I prefer, and what I'm really thinking most of the time (yeah, that part kinda sucks sometimes). He remembers exactly what outfit and shoes I wore the day before, where I last put my glasses, which songs I say I like on the radio, what I order for lunch at each restaurant in our area...you get the idea. So the little, tiny details must not be overlooked.

And it has occurred to me that I should use this opportunity to not only clean the house so that it will be sanitary and orderly and pleasantly frangranced. I should also take advantage of the opportunity to purge the house of all things related to the Ex. To start anew, if you will. To put things where I want them, dammit. Kinda gives a whole new meaning to "cleaning house," don't ya think?

So if any of you are looking for me over the course of the next two days, you can find me at home. Very busy. Cleaning. House.

No comments: