10.8.07

DDay

Well, because of all the GD rain around here, Date Day may not happen after all. What a bummer!!! We are trying to figure out how to make that happen...

Last night, the Ex picked up the kids at 9:30 p.m. They all piled in the car along with their color-coded overnight bags stuffed full of 7 days' worth of clothes!!! And with happy little smiles on their faces and furiously waving hands, they drove off into the night. And it was WAY sad!!! I will seriously miss them badly. In fact, I've never been away from them for that long.

Luckily, P called to see if I wanted to meet up with her after work. Well, DUH!

So like a couple of drowned rats (because, SURPRISE, it started freakin' raining again right about the same time I left go pick her up!) we walked into the bar and seated ourselves at a table in our favorite waiter, Blake's, area. We love Blake because we totally don't even have to order...he knows what we like. Blake cames over to rattle off "the usual," just to make sure nothing had changed since our last visit. Sweet BBQ wings and cheese fries with Chili on the side.

We talk about how Blake is so nice and cute. In that whole George O'Malley-kind-of-way. Or, better yet, we conclude that he would be a great gay-boyfriend. Like someone to take shopping or whatever. But NOT anything else. Not that I'm sayin' there's anything wrong with that. In fact, I think every girl should have at least ONE gay boyfriend. But, y'know, this is so not what I intended to talk about today...back to the story.

We're laughing and talking and having a great time. P keeps saying to me that there is a group of people across the way that keeps looking at us. Well, in particular, there is one guy who seems extremely interested. So I go to look, and she hurriedly stops me...seems that he is totally looking our way and taking everything we do into account. So I don't turn and I don't look and I have NO FREAKING idea who this might be.

So we drink some more beer.

Anyway, a good 45 minutes into our conversation, I'm busy telling P all about BA and the tattoo, and other crazy stuff that happened to me during the week, when I catch a glimpse of someone coming our way. So, naturally, I turn my head a little more that direction....only to discover...

The "guy" she was referring to was MG. And he was about two feet from me. He came over and talked to me (He sorta forgot to say anything to P and I sorta kinda forgot to introduce them. My bad.). My heartbeat was going a mile a minute. And I may have been shaking. I guess just because I didn't expect to see him there, I didn't know he was there, and, well, he makes me all quivery.

So we had the weirdest, sweetest, most innocent conversation in the history of the world and then we parted ways. He was there with a bunch of friends and all their kids. As he said goodbye and turned away, it killed me. We did a mini-version of "the look," and then he walked away.

It killed me (did I just say that???). Anyway, P was like, "Who in the world was THAT????" Because 1) He's Freakin' HOTTT!!! and 2) I guess it was kinda obvious that we really, really like each other. P definitely noticed "the look."

So that was weird. Good yet strange. Fun yet sad.

I got home at 12:45 a.m. I wasn't tired so, like a total LOSER, I cleaned the house. I vacuumed, dusted, made two beds, took out the trash, mopped the kitchen floor, started the dishwasher, washed the sheets to my bed, and watered the flowers. Yep. L-O-S-E-R. And by 2 a.m. I decided I was tired after all and went to bed.

Kinda made getting up this morning a little difficult. But I did it. And I am now here at work. Trying to plan out my upcoming weekend by myself. Yippy-Kay-Ay.

Update: In the meantime, BA called. Interesting... Let me think on that for a while and I will update you later...

No comments: