2.8.07

Tattoos & Bad-Ass Dudes

It was suggested to me that I might be going through a mid-life crisis. Seriously? Do you guys think that's true?


I mean, I know it's possible (okay, probable) and I acknowledge that most people going through a MLC are also suffering from a rather obnoxious case of denial. But I'm only 31. And, look, I'm newly divorced. And I have three kids that take turns being rotten, needy, dysfunctional, and occasionally annoying. Plus I am a high-strung, high-maintenance, impatient, over-emotional type of girl. Sometimes I get PMS. I have issues with my mother. Aren't these all just ordinary types of woes?

And HEY - I have some endearing qualities, too, you know. I am sensitive, loving, determined, confident, creative, funny, and a good cook. I'm fiercely competitive which makes me a good euchre partner. I'm a talker and I like meeting new people. I'm kind to the elderly and babies. I'm an awesome babysitter and a good mother. Plus, I'm a pretty fast typist - Ha Ha.


The fact that I want a tattoo and like to date bad-ass guys is not necessarily a sign that I'm going through a mid-life or otherwise crisis. Actually, these are both things that I have wanted to do for quite some time now. The tattoo - I've wanted one for years. It took me that long to work up the courage. Plus, now that I don't have a husband telling me not to get one, I am free to do with my skin whatever I want. Bad-ass guys? I have ALWAYS L-O-V-E-D them! I can't help it. I like a guy who is, for whatever reason, a little dangerous. And that whole husband thing (yet again) kinda hindered my ability to date them.


So, I guess while I'm open to the MLC theory, I really don't think I'm having one...yet. I'm sure there will be a day. But hopefully it's a long way off. The person who suggested this to me is a coworker with whom I have the rockiest of relationships. I can't stand him actually, and I'm waiting on him to catch on. And talk about ISSUES. Geez. He has LOTS of 'em. He's thoroughly depressed about pretty much everything, is a miserable person to be around, and has morphed into a 75-year-old man living in a 27-year-old's body. He's crotchety and stubborn. Anti-social and weird. Come to think of it, his opinion is pretty much doo-doo. (Okay, I must mention that I actually laughed out loud after typing that! That was really fun and I'm going to start working that phrase into more of my posts!)

But now that I've gotten that off my chest, let's talk about fun things... Here are the links to my top three tattoo selections:


http://www.tattoojohnny.com/tattoo-design-gallery.asp?k=DWF-00120&a=&c=bw,color&s=small,medium,large&r=12&m= (THE BUTTERFLY)


http://www.tattoojohnny.com/tattoo-design-gallery.asp?k=PLF-00092&a=&c=bw,color&s=small,medium,large&r=12&m= (THE BLUE BUTTERFLY)


http://www.tattoojohnny.com/tattoo-design-gallery.asp&k=MAF-00018&a=&c=bw,color&s=small,medium,large&r=12&m= (PURPLE & BLACK SCROLLWORK)


In case the above links do not work (imagine that), the codes for the tattooes are: DWF-00120, PLF-00092, & MAF-00018. That ought to satisfy your curiosity and give you something fun to lookup.

I would post pictures of BA and New Guy, but that would be bad blogging etiquette. Obviously I can't post anything about Mystery Guy either, because DUH! it's a MYSTERY! So I guess that's all for now.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the tattoos...

No comments: