2.8.07

I'm SO Glad My Parents Don't Read This!

Fortunately for me, my parents do not own a computer, don't have internet access, and do not strive to ever be connected to cyberspace. This allows me the freedom of writing without the fear of either one of them actually reading this (GASP!).


My mom and dad are 69 & 70-years-old, respectively. And, you know, they're pretty cool and hip when it comes to sex. In fact, they have been at times ALL TOO OPEN about it. Like the time when my mom showed me her black teddy "by mistake." Yeah. That was NOT a good time. (I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that emotionally scarred me.)


I think my mom would be pretty down with my activities of late. They were pretty happy about my divorce. She, especially, was pleased to see me released from the prison that had become my marriage. And she's all about having a good time. The thing is, she doesn't really know how to have a good time, and thus reading some of the stuff contained in my blog would probably freak the shit out of her.


She knows how I am. She also knows what it's like to be young and single - albeit not from ever being young and/or single herself. But the woman watches a fair amount of reality TV and has thereby acquainted herself with the antics of today's young adults. And she loves it. She totally digs shows like Age of Love and The Bachelor. She is addicted to Big Brother. And part of her kinda wishes she could have partaken in that sort of stuff. Alas, she married my dad straight out of high school and they will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in October. She has been a stay-at-home mother/housewife/doting spouse her entire life and has done so without complaint or regret.


My dad, you ask? Well, let's just lay it out there - My dad is hot for an older guy. He was hot when he was younger, too. Actually, smokin' hot in his forties and early fifties. And when I was six-years-old, he left my mom for another woman. Obviously, he came back. But the real point of that was that my dad is sort of a ladies man. He is ultra-confident and loves to flirt with women everywhere. So you know he can appreciate the activities discussed in my blog. However, I am his daughter (his youngest, baby daughter) and he does NOT enjoy thinking about me and sex/dating/men in the same sentence. We are exactly alike and enjoy the same things, such as cooking, sports, talking, socializing, learning new things, and occasionally teaming up against my mom about various things. He taught me how to pitch a baseball, punt a football, read architectural drawings, schmooze with his clients, eat a Big Mac AND fries in the same sitting, solder stuff together, and play a respectable round of golf. He would take me for ice cream out of the blue, go on long bike rides with me, take me to the farm, let me hang out with him at work, and sit with me on the roof counting stars and fireflies.


We almost always have the same opinion on stuff. We can both cuss like truckers. And my dad is SMART!!!!!! When we fight it's hellacious because of that whole stubborn/headstrong/exactly alike thing. But we always get over it. He's a pretty cool dude and I tend to think he thinks I am a pretty cool gal. Nonetheless, he would SOOOOOOO NOT enjoy reading this.


So thank God they don't have internet access and wouldn't know what the heck a blog is. That way I can keep all of you up-to-date on the stuff happening with me...


Anyway, BA and I have a lunch date today. This is going to be more like an afternoon thing. I'm working half a day and then meeting up with him. I will have to update you on that later. But I spent the better part of yesterday either talking to him on the phone or text messaging him. So I will let you know how that goes...


And I did get a super great phone call from Mystery Guy last night. The kind of phone call that was all wrapped up in a big, fluffy pink heart! That was WAY AWESOME! Plus, I got to see him a little this morning. There are some major feelings there. The kind that run very deep. And he makes me feel all squishy inside (I stole that term from your blog, T!). As crazy as it is, he makes me very happy. And it's just kinda easy and comfortable with him. Like we don't have to try. Ahhh. I'm feeling very happy, comfortable and squishy. Okay - get your MIND out of the GUTTER, people! You KNOW what I mean!!!

But, again, SEE why I'm glad my parents don't read this?!?!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you also wish I didn't read your blog, Allie? (-:

Love, T

Allie said...

I think you know the answer to that! Ha Ha I am glad you read my blog! And I'm super glad we had our Friday night phone call! Please know that I was not angry/upset/hurt by ANYTHING you said. I believe your opinions to be true. Trust me. I think about it a lot. I appreciate your genuine concern and your honesty. I still love you with all of my heart and consider you my sister, as well. Nothing will ever change that or get in the way. I loved your blog this morning and have re-read it about a thousand times. It meant a lot to me!!!