27.8.07

Go, Allie! It's Your Birthday!

Y'know what gets me excited??? ...my BIRTHDAY!!!!! I turned 32 last week (Yay, Me!) and OMG, my birthday ROCKED!!!!!

I think the official festivities started off a couple of weekends ago. Kelly and I went out Saturday before last. We did some all-important hanging out and girl-bonding. She, being my BFF, took me to the mall first! We cruised by Ticknor's, of course, to catch a glimpse of my favorite sales guy (whose real name is Evan for future reference). He wasn't working. Neither was Hot Guess Guy. (We're starting to wonder what the heck happened to Hot Guess Guy. Like I'm seriously concerned he died or something. Or moved. Or got a better job.)

After indulging ourselves at our favorite places, we hit Claddaugh's for dinner. Where there was a bachelor party going on. Too funny. But we were good girls and ate our dinner. Then headed to BW3 (okay, so we're not THAT good). Our evening after that was uneventful, I guess. But we had a super great time!!!

My actually birthday was last Thursday. And I started my day off with......PRESENTS!!! From MG. He totally gets me and I love this guy. They were great and included a lovely card. Aaaaaaaah. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend much time together that day. But he was very sweet and made my day for sure.

What also helped were the AWESOME text messages I got from BA. They were very lovey and sweet. And had lots of XOXOXOXOs and words like Baby and Sweetheart. Oh my, they were good. Which is confusing to me because, well...I'm starting to actuallly really like him. Just not as much as MG. Maybe I'll write about that later. Nonetheless, BA came through for my birthday with the love quotient!

That night, Kelly and the girls gave me a bouquet of purple gladiolus. My favorite flower! And we had ice cream cake. I really loved that!

Then P & I took the kids out to BW3 for a couple of drinks (for us - NOT the kids). While we were there I got the sweetest ever birthday call from MG. THAT totally made my day and it touched my heart. After I got the call I was filled with the warm squishies and I was in love with the world. Then on Friday, I wrote him a thank you card which was beautiful, if I do say so myself. He left me the cutest message and promised we would spend some time together soon...

But until then, it was time to party. Saturday, P & I went out and PAR-TAY'ed like we were 21. We hit the docks again - this is quickly becoming my new favorite spot! We started out at Tango's where the plan was to eat dinner al fresco and enjoy the weather & view. We hung out at the bar for a little while where our very favorite ever bartender, Amy, served us up sample drinks of every speciality drink on their menu. Like one right after the other. So that after about 20 minutes, both P & I had 5 empty glasses sitting in front of us. I can only imagine what that looked like!

Oh well. We decided we loved the Electric Lemonade the best, so we ordered another and headed outside to our table. Where we decided that our liquid intake had just put a serious damper on our ability to eat food. We soldiered through it anyway and ate - a little.

After dinner we walked down to the Bistro to enjoy the outdoor bar and DJ. And we never left. Omigod, guys. I had the most fun I've had in like, seriously, a decade or so. We plopped ourselves at the bar right in front of the dance floor and ordered up a drink (shocking, isn't it!). Lest you be concerned about our bar tab, NO WORRIES!!! For this would be the last drink we would buy for ourselves the rest of the night.

WE DANCED OUR ASSES OFF FOR THREE HOURS. But it was really funny because when we first got there the DJ was playing a whole lotta kinda-good-but-not-really 80s music. And the only people "dancing" were 50-60 years old. With a couple of really awful, thirty-something members of the geek squad thrown in. Made for some good entertainment, but not exactly a party.

Eventually, the music improved, the oldies cleared the floor and...P & Allie got their groove on. Dating Revelation: Guys love a girl who dances, and you instantly become about 1,000% more approachable while on the dance floor.

Back up a step - P & I made a new friend, Barb at the bar. By my best guesstimate, she is in her late-forties, very attractive, totally hip & a party wannabe. While her lovely husband bought us drinks and watched our stuff, the three of us danced our little tushies off. Barb is a woman who cuts to the chase, and she straight-away asked us our ages & marital status. Since I am single (woo-hoo!), she volunteered to be on the lookout for cute guys. I didn't take her seriously.

Yep. Probably SHOULD have. Because within 1/2 hour, a tall, bald yet cute-ish, somewhat dorky guy named Dana approached me. First of all, I'm not usually one for androgenous names, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt seeing as how this is actually his parents' fault. Dana just walked right up to me on the dance floor and did his thing. His "thing" being talking constantly and dancing AT me with some questionably perverse moves. With W-T-F plastered all over my face, we finished the song and he went for another drink.

Meanwhile P was dying - I can admit that although it was CREEPY, that whole thing was funny as Hell. Then Barb, all happy and proud, asked me what I thought. Yeah. I said, "No, thank you." about forty-seven times before she finally got it.

Then we met two other relatively cute guys, Rick & Nick (Seriously. I would not make that up.). They were FUN. Not necessarily all that cute, but good at the dancing and drink buying and really funny. So we hung out with them for the rest of the night.

At one point, some other gnarly guy actually smacked my ass. Smacked. My. Ass. And not in a good way, either. My buddy, Rick, fought for my honor on that one. Aaaah. Now that's what guys are for!

And thus was the end of my birthday extravaganza. I milked the occasion for all it's worth. Thanks to all you guys who sent me cards (Tone - thank you again for the card confetti!!! I always forget how much you like that stuff until it's too late!)!!!

I can't wait until next year!!!!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

"Milking it" for all its worth would make your mom, who has a birthday month, very proud. Glad it was happy...